Thursday, February 26, 2009

Social Media 101

I have been learning about social media over the last few weeks.  There are so many different types of social media that it can feel somewhat overwhelming. The one thing I feel most comfortable with is blogging.  I always have lots to say!  

A few months ago, I signed up on Twitter and am still figuring out micro-blogging.  I am not convinced I am interesting enough to share random thoughts at random times in the day.  The idea is to network and build relationships.  Just like in real life, it can be a lot of work!

I am learning that the secret to being a successful social media-type is to invest a lot of time in it.  For me, this can be difficult and overwhelming.  It is about investing now for future pay off.  That is a difficult concept to remember in this instant gratification world we live in.  I have to keep this in mind when I get frustrated with the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment